Our new MP-265/M “narrow format” mechanical is designed especially for patch-slice manipulator systems that require more than 2 or 3 pipettes as well as for other setups where space is limited.
The MP265/M mechanical builds on our existing manipulator line in several ways. First, the narrow format means more manipulators can be grouped around a recording chamber. Next, the narrow format MP-265/M allows a high precision manipulator to be inserted into small spaces in existing setups. Finally, travel in the Y-axis is shortened (12.5 mm) both to economize on width and because radially oriented manipulators do not require long travel in the traverse axis.
The MP-265/M manipulator is designed specifically for systems requiring 4 or more manipulators. To this end, we have put together systems with special pricing for 4, 5 and 6 manipulators, and 2 or 3 dual manipulator controllers. The optional narrow-format stand and linear slide or rotating base is available for mounting the MP-265/M mechanicle. With the 150mm throw of the linear slide, the manipulator can be quickly and smoothly moved out to a location where there is easy access to the pipette for replacement. A rotating base can be used for mounting to large platform stages like the Sutter MT-78, or smaller Sutter MD Series platforms.
MPC-365 systems are formed by using the popular Sutter MPC-200 dual manipulator controller and ROE-200, with one or more MP-265/M mechanicals. A single MPC-200 controllers and ROE-200 can run one or two MP-265/M manipulators. A single ROE-200, when paired with two MPC-200 controllers can control up to four MP-265/M manipulators. If you require more manipulators in a single setup, you simply duplicate the smaller systems. A new firmware version of the MPC-200/ROE-200 automatically recognizes the MP-265/M mechanical and adjusts accordingly.
- Single controller and ROE will run two stepper motor drive manipulators
- Self-detecting, daisy-chain capability allows control of four manipulators from one ROE-200
- User-friendly interface: single button access to all major functions
- New Accelerated Mode for fast, manual manipulator movement
- Easy toggle selection of Mode (speed/resolution, pulsed diagonal, Accelerated Mode)
- Display indicates X, Y, Z coordinates, Mode, active manipulator
- Robotic Home and Work Position moves for easy automated pipette exchange
- Faster robotic moves than previous versions
- Definable 4th axis for coaxial pipette movement, angle selected by DIP switches
- Simple USB interface
- Toggle switch selects which manipulator is connected to input device
- LED and display indicate active manipulator
- Low-drift mechanical stability
- Narrow stand with linear slide or rotating base mounting options