The OctaFlow II ™ from ALA is our most advanced drug application device for electrophysiology and imaging research. This fast perfusion system is designed to meet the needs of basic science and drug discovery researchers. Software control of all perfusion parameters makes the OctaFlow II ™ superior to all other perfusion systems.
Key features of the OctaFlow II ™ include:
- Choice of low-maintenance pinch valves or fast-response solenoid valves
- Valve-control of solution flow instead of motorized manipulation of barreled pipettes, minimizing sample losses following solution exchange
- Keyboard solution selection, for exchange “on the fly”
- Trigger in /out for synchronization with data acquisition systems
- Preprogrammed solution delivery through software
- Rapid flush mode for easy cleaning
- Programmable pressurization of fluids for optimal solution flow
- Programmable analog outputs for valve identification, step number, or pressure information to data acquisition
Each OctaFlow II ™ system allows for a choice of 8, 16, 24 or 32 reservoirs, which can be configured in different modes, depending on the experiment(s). Constant perfusion can be achieved through the combination of compound application and wash solution for minimization of solution convergence in manifold. Periodic application of compounds can be achieved through specific focal application. U-tube and J-tube configurations are also possible with the Octaflow II™.
The OctaFlow II ™ software runs on Windows 7 (32-bit) or Windows XP and communicates with the VC3 electronic valve controller via USB 2.0. Sequence steps are loaded at USB 2.0 speeds for fast editing and executing of sequence files. The graphical interface is designed to control all perfusion parameters from a single window. It also allows you to create configuration files and sequence files and to save them for future use. The Cleaning Manager function in the software allows for fast cleaning of reservoirs, valves and tubing.